Selasa, 04 Mei 2010

tennis, a major and merchant's sport

did you know?
Tennis was developed by a city major and his friend, a merchant, in UK. It was in the late of 19th century
.
---------------

I've started to play tennis at the age of 11 years old. I was really really a little kid back then. Me, two of my brothers, and another boys were coached by Mr. John F Waney and a coach whose name I can't remember.

From 11 to 14 years old I participated in several tournaments (without
winning any, hehe). I think one of the tournament was a youth national event in Ujung Pandang (now Makassar)

Anyway, here's a pic I've found last year in my parent's room. So I took it, pinned it on my cubicle wall, and scanned it...



really miss those old days..really miss you guys.
---------------
cool facts about tennis:
- in tennis, zero point is called "love", an adapted French word "l'oeuf" means egg (zero looks like an egg, doesn't it?)
- a scoring system (15, 30, 40, game) is taken from every quarter in one hour, 15, 30, 45, 60 but with a changing from 45 to 40 due to syllable dissimilarity.

1 komentar:

  1. Komentar ini telah dihapus oleh administrator blog.

    BalasHapus